Old September 23rd 04, 09:50 PM
Dudley Henriques

"B2431" wrote in message
(John S. Shinal)
Date: 9/23/2004 2:17 PM Central Daylight Time
Ed Rasimus wrote:

rationally as usual

4.) Bush spent his first two years of ANG duty full time attending
USAF pilot training, survival schools and operational qualification
in
the F-102. OOOOOOps. He was really flying jets and engaging in a
rather risky business.

Apparently he drank and partied some, too. Can you imagine a
young fighter pilot doing such a thing ? I am stunned, I tell you.

Hey, don't start rumours like that. All fighter pilots are modest,
chaste,
sober..... etc.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

What amazes ME is that the extreme left apparently doesn't know much
about fighters either!!
If I was looking for a nice cushy safe non dangerous type airplane to
fly to avoid getting myself hurt because I was a flaming coward, the
Deuce would be the LAST fighter in the inventory I'd be happy to be
paired up with. Bush did a good job in the 102; not the easiest of
mounts for a young Lt to handle. The President is a member of a very
exclusive club of fighter pilots who got REAL up on subjects like
induced drag in turns and adverse yaw. Not to say the 102 was a killer,
but it DID take an above average driver to work the airplane properly,
and Bush is still here last time I looked !!!:-)
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Flight Instructor/Aerobatics/Retired