Old May 8th 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Burns[_2_]

Default Fuel servo output problem (long)

We're takeing a few steps back and looking at what's new vs what's old. We
checked the fuel pressure on the electric fuel pump, only 9 psi. Lycoming's
overhaul manual calls for the engine driven pump to push 18-26 psi. 9
doesn't sound like enough. We pulled the pump, opened it up and found
plenty of metal dust. It could be that the electric pump simply wasn't
pushing enough pressure against the diaphram and spring to open the ball
valve. Once we get a new electric pump installed and pressure checked we'll
know more.

Jim