Old May 25th 05, 06:11 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "gilan" said:
Do you own or are you planning to buy or build an aircraft that fits into
the Light Sport Aircraft rules? The airplane can be an older "factory"
certified airplane such as the Cub or Ercoupe, a new "factory" S-LSA or an
experimental that does or will comply with the LSA rules.

Somebody emailed me as the contact for my flying club trying to convince
us to buy a new LSA. The only problem was that this thing only carried
about 500 pounds, and it cost $120,000. If I went to my members and said
we're spending $120,000 and getting something that can't fly as far and
carry as much as the Piper Dakota we spent $85,000 for a few years ago,
they'd lynch me.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Quando omni flunkus moritati (when all else fails play dead)