Old September 5th 05, 05:58 PM
Mike Noel

But it does sound like he may be running too lean based on the no RPM rise
reducing the mixture from full rich. If that is the case, I would suspect a
miss-adjusted carb or an intake manifold leak.

"tony roberts" wrote in message
Hi
I have a newly rebuilt 0300-D.
It is running hot - at OAT 93F, 2 cylinders are exceeding 400F on
climbout and oil exceeds 200F.

(BUT EGT's are perfect - less than 45F spread on my EI Monitor)

On runup, no rise in RPM prior to drop on leaning!

All baffling is brand new and installed correctly.
I have been told that I need to increase fuel flow to improve cooling.
I don't like going to my A&E without knowing what needs doing, why and
how (it's a long story

So - how do I increase fuelflow on my engine?

Also - Cylinder 5 is too cool - running less than 300F CHT - which means
it isn't scavenging lead - a recipe for sticking valves. I have been
told it's because it is out front - but so is cyl 6 and that is one of
the hottest.

I am running TCP in the 100ll and Avblend in the oil - the engine is
smooth as silk and has 30 hours on it.

All suggestions highly appreciated.

TIA

Tony