Old September 7th 04, 11:36 PM
Bob Coe

"Bob" wrote

I was there in 1972 on the enlisted side and don't remember "Random
drug testing of the entire force" until sometime around 1980. Didn't
really seem to get going until after 1975 and then it was airman under
four at first and then age I believe was another point. Around 1980
it was everyone. I know I handed out the slips for random testing to
some of my first termers, but never to anyone else even after the
change up to 1982 when I retired.

That's pretty much how I remember it. In the late 70's during formation,
I could identify enlisted drug users 100% of the time without a fancy test.