Old July 8th 03, 08:55 PM
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, (Jay) wrote:

Noticed White Lightning used the same back to
back seating I've been playing with for my
concept design...
Seemed like the only reasonable way to handle
the CG for a wing with a relatively high aspect.

Actually, John Roncz explored back-to-back seating for a design that
he was doing. But he abandoned that plan after discovering that it
made only a very small difference in the CG of the seated occupant. I
think that he weighed that small advantage against the discomfort that
many potential passengers expressed with traveling backwards.

I think that this episode is described in a series of articles that he
published in Sport Aviation in 1990. According to this, I think it was
in either the May 1990 or the February 1991 article:

http://www.cozybuilders.org/ref_info/sportavi90.html

Thanks, and best regards to all

Bob K.