Old July 6th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

Default Odd and Probably Unique Alarm

In a previous article, "Marco Leon" said:
So my dinner was still warm when I got home and another peek at Flight
Explorer shows that the plane in question was now showing the
"corrected" number of N36116 instead of N36616. It turns out N36116 is
another 1978 Warrior based out of New Haven--a mere 40 miles away.

What are the odds? Indeed.

When I was a student, our club's trainer was N38290. The flight school on
the field had a trainer N3829Z. My CFI talked to the local FSDO, and they
agreed to waive the fee for changing the N-reg because of the potential
conflict with students in such similar registrations in the same pattern.
But the club refused because they didn't want to repaint the aircraft.

The flight school has since closed down and N3829Z has been sold away.
But the other day I heard one of our club members flying our N8439Z and he
continually gave his callsign to ATC as "390". I think he must have
recently moved up from the trainer.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"If something's expensive to develop, and somebody's not going to get paid, it