Old November 14th 17, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default Six gliders stolen - Aalborg Svæveflyveklub - gliding club in Denmark

On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 8:57:39 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Den tirsdag den 14. november 2017 kl. 15.33.49 UTC+1 skrev :
What is the real estate situation with the airfield? If there wasn't a pesky soaring club with a lease would the land be free to be something more profitable? Any Farmer Mcnasty neighbors that don't like towplane noise? Disgruntled ex-clubmembers or ex-spouses? My guess is this wasn't an act of taking gliders for personal gain, it was an act of intentionally harming the club. The gliders are in a landfill or at the bottom of the ocean.

Hi Gregg
I am a club member of Aviator Gliding Club.

We are very happy residents of a public airport and we have no problems what so ever with anyone.

We are deebly frustrated over the incident.

And I think the most problematic is the fact that we have no idea, whith what purpose the gliders was stolen.

/Henrik Holm Kristensen

Did any owners leave their Spot tracker on by mistake? How about a transponder? Anyone have an ELT that might get triggered by the glider being dismantled?