Old February 18th 05, 01:38 PM

What I could add to the basket:

1. One of the most important info I've found on the Scramble website is
the fact that VFA-15 (then probably AB-2xx) and VFA-22 (then probably
AJ-2xx) would relocate to MCAS Cherry Point at the end of the decade.

After the VFA-82 deactivates, VFA-86 (AB-4xx) might stay as the sole
Navy squadron at MCAS Beaufort, but not for long - I think - and maybe
that would be VFA-87 (AJ-4xx) who would join it.

2. I am bit concerned about the strange modexes carried by the recently
seen birds of VFA-11 (AG-237, AG-241) and VFA-143 (AG-402). AG-4xx was
the modex for VFA-131 Wildcats, so either the squadron might be slated
to join UDP (or deactivate), or when Rippers and Dogs go back to Oceana
their modexes get back to normal AG-10x/11x and AG-20x/21x.

3. As for the CVW-to-CV bounds, all carriers in the Pacific Fleet are
F/A-18E/F-capable (except Connie, which is gone).

On the Atlantic the modernization began with CVN-65 and CVN-73 (I am
not sure if CVN-75 had Super Hornet modifications built-in from the
start), and those will be the first to deploy with CVW-1, CVW-7 and
CVW-17.

Possible early retirement of JFK may make deployment schedule more
complicated.

4. The most fluid thing on the West Coast were recently VMFA
assignments:

VMFA-323 was switched from CVW-2 to CVW-9 (this way avoided was a
possible confusion between two F/A-18 Black Knight squadrons aboard -
VFA-154 and VMFA-314),

VMFA-232 was planned for the nearest CVW-2 deplyment, but VFA-82 has
taken over its place, and finally VMFA-232 took place of VMFA-314 in
CVW-11.

The bottom line is: EVERYTHING IS A MATTER OF WILD GUESS NOW, AND WE
ARE LIVING IN INTERESTING TIMES!;-)

Regards,

Jacek