Old February 7th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default 12 dead this weekend from GA crashes - what about skiing??

Skylune wrote:
by Newps Feb 7, 2006 at 08:42 AM

Think again. Every mountain ski area is federally and state funded.

I don't need to think again. You don't know what you're talking about.
Here's SEC filings for american skiing corp, the largest operator of ski
resorts in the USA. Dig deep, and find the federal funding. I'll be
waiting.

http://peaks.shareholder.com/EdgarDe...5-29&SID=05-00

Sure there are some state owned areas (cannon mt. in NH for e.g.), but ski
areas are overwhelmingly privately owned, with absolutely zero state or
federal funding. Where do u come up with this bizarre stuff???? The
AOPA???

Are the roads to the ski resorts privately owned/funded or users fees payed?