Old September 13th 03, 04:55 AM
miso

fas.org goes into the roland history and discusses American versions
in the Reagan era. It would not surprise me if a bunch of oddball SA
equipmemt ended up at Red Flag, especially since it's operation would
not be mission-critical, no missiles would be required, and the stuff
was going to be scrapped anyway.

The truck driver mentioned that the truck shown was built in the
1950s. It is getting hard to get parts for it.

(Harry Andreas) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(miso) wrote:

Hope this isn't a dupe, but I didn't see last nights post show up.
http://www.lazygranch.com/sa.htm

I wonder if this is one of the ones built by Hughes in the 80's.

I remember we got the engineering drawings from the French
and Germans, but they never sent us the engineering change
orders.
We ended up having to practically re-design the thing from
scratch. Cost a fortune. They had one of these in our parking
lot for show-and-tell for a couple of days.