Old October 6th 16, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rianmonnahan

Default JS1 Registration in the USA

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 2:27:41 PM UTC+2, wrote:
On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 5:28:24 AM UTC-4, rianmonnahan wrote:
Hi All,

I see that all of the JS1s currently under N- registration are flying under a Special Airworthiness Certificate.

I'm wondering if it is at all possible to obtain a Standdard Airworthiness Certificate for the JS1 on the basis of its South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) type certificate.

Any information would be much appreciated. The FAA has ignored my request for information to date.

What advantage do you feel a Standard Airworthiness Certificate would provide you in the US?

Hi,

In the US, none. I plan to fly the aircraft in Europe. If you have only a Special CoA, then you have to ask permission every time you want to fly or cross a border. No fun!

Rian