Old May 30th 05, 04:14 PM
Eric Greenwell

With the recent concerns (last year) over the security of traces, I'm
surprised the validation softward didn't have some trouble with your
data. If I were an alogorithm, I would take special interest in your
118 statute mile leg completed at 474 miles per hour. Fly impressive do
you, Jedi master.

The algorithm that checks for this kind of problem resides in the head
of the official evaluating the flight. Clearly bad points, temporarily
dropped GPS signals or power loss, etc, are infrequent and best handled
by a person, as they do not automatically invalidate a file or a flight.
The IGC validation software checks the flight file for (basically)
tampering only, and not external problems.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA