Old January 31st 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default I took the garbage out tonight

"john smith" wrote in message
I've got a few gallons of used oil in the hangar in buckets since I
don't drink enough milk to put it all out for recycling. One of
these days I need to schlep it over to the big oil recycling tank
at a nearby airport.

If those are polypropylene milk jugs, you don't want to leave them
sitting very long. Polypropylene absorbs oil and will disintegrate if
left in contact with each other. Don't leave the jugs on the hangar
floor unless you want to clean a gooey mess. Is your hangar floor
epoxied?

You've had this happen, or you "heard about it"?

I've had old oil sit in milk jugs for a couple of years on the garage floor
(You never know when it might come in handy, right? :-) ). Never had a
problem.

--
Geoff
the sea hawk at wow way d0t com