Old May 26th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tim Hickey

Default Fuel Prices For The July Pilgrimage

I have a Zenith CH-300 with an O-320. I had a similar problem in the
beginning. I did as you have done, plus insulated the fuel lines,
installed a small heat reflective shield over the gascolater, and ran
a blast tube down to the mechanical fuel pump. Since then (about 1990)
I have run over 9000 gallons of mogas through the machine with out
problem. Although I will always let the engine (and the fuel pump that
is bolted to the case) cool between flights. If I know that I will be
doing flights without allowing a cool down period, I will put 100LL in
one tank, and take off on it.

On Fri, 25 May 2007 09:02:46 -0700, "Rich S."
wrote:

"M" wrote in message
roups.com...

What model of the plane is this?

CP-323a Emeraude, although the fuel system was of my own design and
construction. I have added a blast tube to cool the electric fuel pump and
an air scoop on the vents to pressurize the fuel tanks.

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c4/elwood89//harvey5.jpg

Rich S.

Zenith CH-300 Driver.