Old January 19th 14, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default AC5 M safety?

On Sunday, January 19, 2014 1:34:05 PM UTC-6, Nicholas L wrote:
Does anyone have any thoughts regarding the safety of the Russia AC5M self launcher?

The propeller is inches from the pilots head with the engine in the stowed position. How much of a hazard would this be in a hard landing or crash?

How safe is the cockpit? I dont much like the location of the fuel tank The 2.5 gallon fuel tank is directly behind the pilots head.

I haven't found much data on the AC5M so any info would be appreciated.

Nick

If I understand you correctly, the propeller is stowed inside the fuel tank?