Old April 11th 05, 11:39 PM
Ehvee8or

Default Orlando Class Bravo

Greetings all,

I'm a low-time private pilot in the Tampa Bay area, planning a trip
this weekend over to Cape Canaveral (KTIX - Spaceport Regional) to see
the shuttle sitting on the pad. I've flown through Tampa Class Bravo
before, and learned that approach control sends VFR traffic flying
east to west directly over the field at 2,600, while west to east
traffic flies the same route at 2,100. (The main runways at Tampa
International are 18/36 left and right).

My preferred route to Cape Canaveral will take me through Orlando
Class Bravo. All of the runways in Orlando are also oriented
north/south, so I'm guessing they have a similar procedure. Does
anybody have personal experience transitting their airspace west to
east (or vice versa)? It would be helpful if I had an idea where they
wanted me and when before I actually got there.

TIA

Jim

-------

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
- Arthur C Clarke