Old October 3rd 05, 06:50 PM

Michael Pilla wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Michael Pilla wrote:

The way I am seeing his question, the action of plyers, with a typical
pivot
point, would only make the gripping surfaces slide past each other, and
not
grip anything.

It seems like what is needed is a new type of tool, with a right angle on
the end, and a screw pushing the other grip towards the right angle one.

Uh, don't they call those monkey wrenches?

Maybe they have another name for the small ones.

--

FF

All my monkey wrenches are tightened via a knurled screw whereas the
vise-grip pliers are tightened by squeezing the handles over center after
adjusting the approximate grip range; rough description.

Aha! The tool could have monkey-wrench planiform with a locking-grip
(vice-grip TM) mechanism combining the best features of both tools.

So, who wants to do the patent search?

--

FF