Old April 26th 04, 03:54 PM
Bob Webster

John Pelchat wrote:
Bob Webster wrote in message .com...

Just for fun, I put up a web page on flying to Europe:

http://xpda.com/flyingtoeurope

I'd be interested in any comments, criticism, or general harassment.

Bob Webster

Mr. Webster,

Regarding the thread about flying to Europe, may I ask two questions
about the AirCam. I have really admired the plane for a long time and
like most every other person interested in aviation have thought about
flying across an ocean.

How long would you expect an Atlantic Crossing with an AirCam to take?
How much range and endurance would you use to plan this kind of trip?

Thank you in advance

John Pelchat

John Pelchat

Sorry for the slow reply... I've been out flying an AirCam, believe it
or not!

I took the long way from Oklahoma to Sun-n-Fun, 5332 (statute) miles in
about 4 weeks.

http://xpda.com/lakeland04

This was a pretty leisurely pace. A couple of years ago I flew another
long trip, to Alaska:

http://xpda.com/alaska02

On that trip I made about 9000 nm in a little less than 3 weeks of flying.

From Claremore, OK to Paris by AirCam would be 9500 to 10,000 nm.
Teterboro to Stornoway, Scotland would be 7000-7500 nm.

So I'd say it should take around 3-4 weeks of flying time, more or less,
depending on things like weather, how long you fly per day, break-downs,
etc.

Bob Webster