Old July 26th 03, 08:08 PM
ngilder

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:13:04 +0000, Joseph Wilkinson wrote:

I have only just got to this debate. I was on HMS Victorious 1966 to
1967 when we bought this aircraft.
We paid, I believe £120 for it, but that could have been £160. The
memory goes with the passage of time.
We brought it back from Sydney to Singapore, and from there the RAF
shipped it back to UK in a Herk.
I helped to pay for it and over the years I have told people that I
owned a little bit of it whenever I saw it flying. When it crashed it
was like losing an old and dear friend. Very upsetting. I met the pilot
2 years ago when he flew a Swordfish to Sherburn in Elmet, Yorkshire,
where it was built, for an annual pilgramage.

Hub & Diane Plott wrote in message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/3061391.stm here is a
link

As a younger (we can all dream!)aviation follower I read your message and
of course our thoughs must go to the families and friends of the crew at
this time - a sad loss. I could not let the chance go by to thank your
group for doing their bit to save this aircraft, at least I got to see one
fly which is more than can be said loads of other aircraft. Nick