Old April 15th 15, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Default PowerFlarm Update Problem

Dan, that's extremely interesting! I have PF core s/n 117, maybe that's the trick I need. Both my USB drives are v2, the one that has always worked before is 1 GB, the other one is 512 MB (both formatted as FAT drives).

I'll try updating with a disconnected Butterfly display tomorrow at the airfield. I'll let you know if it works...

-John, Q3

On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 9:57:50 PM UTC-4, Dan Daly wrote:
I've found I have 100% success when I disconnect the Butterfly Display, then power up with usb in, and 0% when it is connected (mine is an early core, 169). Once it is done, I reconnect and check it went through. I was a beta tester for 2.7 and it was suggested as a good idea. Adds a couple of seconds but has proven to be a good idea - for me at least.
USB 2 less than 32 GB is required for the stick.
Dan