Old May 8th 04, 02:13 AM
Peter Duniho

"Jonathan" wrote in message
news:P6Wmc.816$BJ6.73308@attbi_s51...
[...]
I guess I'm getting hung up on the requrement of "ONE cross country flight
over 100nm. I view his flight as TWO, 61nm cross country flights.

Funny thing about logging, you can call nearly anything you want a "flight".
Generally, words like "original point of departure" are used when the FAA
wants to make clear where one measures from.

Bottom line: even though there's a landing in the middle, the round-trip is
a single flight, as long as the pilot logging wants to call it a single
flight. He can even shut the plane down, go have some dinner, stay for a
week, whatever, if he really wants to.

Pete