Old April 30th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default Injuries

Kevin: The Central Sierra Helicopter Meet is this coming week-end. It
sounds like it could be interesting. Doug Schwochert and Blake Estes of the
Helicycle fame will be there as well as Martin Hollman, and I'm planning on
doing a balancing job on a Safari. + some lady giving instruction in an
R-22, some Rotorway types, the Rotorcraft Chairman of the GoldenWest fly-in
and in general a bunch of interesting people.

--
Kathryn Fields
Experimental Helo magazine
wrote:

Curious thought while noodling early on a Sunday a.m. (0600). Anyone
else here ever been injured while flying a helicopter? Perhaps its
splitting hairs but twice now I've broken a finger getting out of
them. Landed my Hiller 12E crossways on irrigation rows to wait for my
the wet skid and I stepped down into the bottom of the row. When I
did, my little fingertip jammed on the horizontal window frame as I
did the sudden and unexpected drop another 12". Hurt like hell the
rest of the day until I could get to a clinic and get it set.
The second time was similar but was on a flat surface that was wet and
again I slipped as my feet hit the oily slick ramp. Once again a
finger jammed on a rivet row or something like it and broke the finger
tip. Now after many years, both small fingertips have an odd shaped
fingernail growing over the old break site. I am paying careful
attention when I get in and out of both airplanes and helicopters to
avoid any more simple stupid injuries.
Ol S&B

I've cracked my head on the top of the door frame crawling out of a
500D.. Done it a couple times getting in to R22s and managed to stuff
a split ring under a fingernail pulling the doors off an R22.

btw: I'd like to do injuries to all ten fingers of the clown who keeps
posting the vitupourous venom vs Belfort. He/she is singlehandedly
ruining my desire to spend any time on this NG.

Ignore the weenie... Add him to a killfilter and be done with him