Old April 28th 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
BeechSundowner

Default IFR trip from Madison MS to Steubenville OH with ATC COMS - Video

On Apr 28, 12:04*pm, Mike Adams wrote:

Your read back was "cleared
direct to Bowling Green". *"Resume own nav" and "cleared direct" are two different things. I looked on
Flightaware and it looks like your filed flight plan was direct, so maybe there's no difference.

Mike, you are absolutely right. I didn't realize that I said this
until you pointed this out. I appreciate this kind of feedback! Yes,
you are sooo right, easy of the system here is simple compared to many
parts of the country! I call it the land of direct.

Listening to the audio you bring up, approach said resume own
navigation, direct Bowling Green, so I repeated what he said, resume
navigation, direct Bowling Green. (word cleared is not there)

Had he not said the word direct, I probably would have just left it at
resume own navigation.

*Did you do a present position Direct-to, or just intercept the
original flight plan?

I learned from ATC, when they say direct, you go direct from your
current position and not to intercept the original course line. So I
hit drct bwg on the 430.

Again, thanks for posting these videos. There's been so little interesting discussion on these newsgroups
lately, that it's good to see them actually being used as intended!

Agree :-)))

3 more videos have been uploaded, will reply to my own original
message.