Old June 22nd 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

Default Custom Bowden Cables?

I have the small Screw Clamp for brake cable used by many gliders....
this is a small barrel threaded in one end with a small bolt that tightened
onto the cable
these come to me direct from TOST
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"sisu1a" wrote in message
I'm having trouble finding someone simultaneously capable as well as
willing to make a cable for my brake assembly for my ship. Spruce
doesn't have any barrel adjusters, a common motorcycle part.... I
want the fancy swaged eyelet ends on a 3/32 cable (Spruce also only
offers .078 cable or I would probably just send them my own
barrel...), but need the barrel on it too. I've found people that
*could* do it, but won't touch it cause it's an airplane (I may have
them make a cable for my 'gold sluicing machine' or something
though . I've found parts suppliers, but I can't rotary swage... so
I'm looking for someone to just make it for me.

Suggestions?

TIA,
-Paul