Old October 26th 19, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Ewence

Default JS3 spins

I understand a number of high performance gliders show this
characteristic.

I have personally observed the DG1000 which spins like this very
prominently with the nose oscillating above and below the horizon,
inputting the recovery actions when the nose is above the horizon
seems to delay the recovery.

At 17:55 26 October 2019, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 10:50:26 AM UTC-7, Jonathan

St. Cloud
wrot=
e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DNACTj3A6-

l0&fbclid=3DIwAR1F7UbdlNKesXWX=
o9vghaM7xdMtjWjRyEhPMT26U9R2lgPoDgVInNY1mcE
=20
Interesting that on the second turn the glider gets nose high. I

have
sp=
un 2-32, K-21, ASW-24, North American SNJ-5, Ventus 2c, Nimbus

4 (quarter
t=
urn only), citabria, champ, Decathlon, maybe something else but I

have
neve=
r had the nose go above horizon. Can anyone tell of their

experiences in
a=
spin like this. The two most interring things I have had happen

was one
p=
articular 2-32 would do an over the top spin enter from a deep slip

and
ano=
ther would go from spin to spiral by itself.

Piper Super Cub was the other aircraft I had spun without ever

having the
n=
ose point above horizon. I have had oscillations but nothing like

the
seco=
nd turn of the JS3. Would like to understand a bit more about this

an if
t=
here are techniques to keep the nose from going high other than

recover
soo=
ner. Any shared experiences or comments welcomed.