Old February 27th 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Extra slow flight - Ground speed that is! - Video

Windy today so figured it would be a good day for "slow flight" 20
knots on the surface so I was curious what it was above my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kyjc7y1aAI

For safety reasons, I did not go to stall speed on the airspeed
indicator since my hand was not on the throttle for recovery. I could
have easily gotten the ground speed to single digits as I still had 10
knots above stall speed on the ASI.

Incredibly, the air was glass smooth above the scattered clouds as
demonstrated by my passenger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-zwDkNzn-8