Old February 3rd 07, 02:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
William R Thompson

Default Need help with a rocket motor ID - no more calls, we have our winner.

"Dave Kearton" wrote:

I'm currently trying to get comparision pics of the Rocketdyne LR64-NA-4
from the AQM-37. It was a fairly common engine - over 5K in
service and possibly matches the size of the engine with the airframe.

As Esmarelda whispered to Quasimodo "It's only a hunch, but I can't ignore
it"

I'm pretty sure the beast we're looking at is an LR64 variant, leastways
that's close enough for me. I've sent a pic off to PWR and
hopefully
they'll own up to it as well.

http://www.aeroconsystems.com/motors/lr64.htm

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts - except for the retard on
sci.space.history who told me to do my own research. I think my
way
was a lot more educational.

I think you have it. Here's another picture, from

http://www.astronautix.com/engines/p41ainer.htm

--Bill Thompson

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version