Old December 28th 15, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chri Rua

Default new ground school web app

Gary,

I think you're off to a good start. I'm a student as well. I spent about 30 minutes going through the GFH sections.

Three thoughts:
1 -- I like the "fill in the blank" question style. But. There are quiet a few questions (mainly when referencing specific CFRs out unit conversions) where you should include some sort of prompt that defines the expected answer since the app matches to specific "book" answers.

Are you using match() without a lot of RegEx expressions to except flexible responses? If yes, add more RegEx as you get time to code them (or something similar). Not everywhere, mind you -- I know they take a while to do "right".

2 -- Some of the graphics are quite big, I would look at the source images and try to resize them to be "just big enough" so you minimize load times where you can (give those on Wi-fi and cellular data a break wherever possible).

3 -- On your next evolution, it would be nice to see the quiz home interface incorporate a way to generate quizzes on the fly.

Keep up the good work,

-- Chris