Old July 26th 19, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dirk_PW[_2_]

Default Lift pins

What is interesting/fascinating to me is that the fuselage is hanging from the root ribs (via the lift pins) only. That means the entire load of the fuselage, pilot (times 7.5G design loads) are being restrained by the root ribs (one rib per side). I'm just amazed what little material is there to transfer the loads to the rest of the wing structure. I would expect those poor ribs to be ripped out of the wing at high G loads. But alas they don't.. Pretty amazing design actually.