Old February 15th 20, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nigel Jardine[_2_]

Default Trailer tow advice

some of you guys are Nuts
one person said
My tow speed has been as high as 98 mph
Plain Crazy (no pun intended )
An other
overtake logging wagons on a winding road thru the "Cascades "

Europe we don't have "Big Trucks " like you guys
but our laws say 75% of GVW for towing
and max of 55/60 mph
have towed a Huge T21 on an open Trailer with a 1.8 Td four door Car
I have Towed with Mitsubishi Shogun/ Pajero with only a 2.5 litre engine
again large open trailer right across the country
any difference between the 2
No
other than not as quick from the traffic lights
BUT
i'm not pushing it hard nor am I doing the Indy 500

SLOW And SAFE and within the laws ( weight and speed)

But I certainly would not do as high as 98 mph nor would I overtake
logging wagons on a winding road thru the "Cascades "
look at weight of tow outfit total!! including all the stuff you chuck in
the trailer
find car that can do that weight

stay safe !!