Old May 20th 04, 01:20 AM
Ray Andraka

What's wrong with getting a field approval for having it installed? May cost a bundle
by the time you're done, but it should be possible without having to go experimental
category (and BTW, experimental with a certified plane is not the same as experimental
homebuilt).

Marco Leon wrote:

You can't retrofit the Garmin 1000 into an older airframe that's not
certified from the beginning. Unless of course, you want to pay big bucks
for the stand-alone G1000 and recategorize your certified plane into an
experimental.

Marco

"Charles Talleyrand" wrote in message
om...
Occasionally older airplanes get new panels. Has anyone tried to
build a "glass cockpit" in an older GA airplane? How successful were
you, and what was the biggest stumbling block (paperwork, money, etc?)

In real life I fly a Cessna 150, so it will be a while before I get
the whole Garmin 1000/Avidyne 500C installed. I'm just curious what's
possible and legal.

-Thanks

--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950