Old March 4th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Ack!! video A320 xwind in Germany

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
Doesn't really work all that well with anything, but it's a neccesary
evil in some airplanes. High performance fighter jets have to do it
and some airliners, especially four engined ones,

And most gliders. The issue is ground clearance with those long
wings. I
was originally a glider pilot and I still have to think ahead and hold
my mouth just right before I can slip a power plane all the way down
to touchdown.

Yep, but the side load matters little in the glider case since you just
slide on the grass anyways/

I learned to fly in them too.

Bertie