Old February 25th 04, 04:23 AM
Paul Folbrecht

Default Pre-buy inspections

I am now getting close to the point where I will be seriously in the
market for an aircraft- most likely a C150 or 152.

I know that I'd be a fool to buy any airplane that I haven't had
inspected by a qualified A&P that is not, of course, affiliated with the
seller. But, let's say I travel a fair distance to another city to look
at an aircraft- I obviously don't know anybody there. I do not have a
pet A&P I can take along on my whim. Does it make any sense to simply
contact a local FBO, conduct a brief "interview" with A&P candidate, and
then let him have at it and pay him? Is there such a thing pilots will
"typically do" in such a situation?

And, on that note, what is reasonable cost for a pre-buy on such aircraft?

~Paul
~PP-SEL