Old April 16th 04, 09:23 PM
Craig

Ron Rosenfeld wrote in message . ..
It came with an electric bifold door.

In spite of winter ice and snow, the door has never given any trouble
whatsoever. No tracks in the ground to freeze up or buckle. The only time
I couldn't open the door was when the airport had a power failure.

I would do it again.

Biggest problem with a bifold is tail height. For my aircraft, it
makes the door framing a heck of a lot bigger than I really want. For
a tail height of 15' on one of mine, it makes the bifold opening a
minimum of 20' tall. When you couple that with a required span of 60',
it makes for a very expensive door that has to be power operated,
along with some significant structural needs. For my purposes, a
biflod would end up costing nearly as much as the rest of the hangar
itself.

Craig C.