Old February 9th 05, 02:04 AM
Andrew Sarangan

It must be a heavy training environment. At most airports people land
because they want to make a full stop, not because they want to do a touch
& go.

"Jay Beckman" wrote in

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
1...
Full stop landings are the norm. Touch & goes are exceptions and
require permission. It is like requesting a non-LAHSO landing. You
probably confused the tower controller with the request.

The tower at my home airport (Class D) almost always asks my
intentions if I don't declare something specific on initial contact.

In fact, I can't remember an instance when they haven't asked.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ