Old April 12th 05, 08:16 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, (Paul Tomblin) said:
In a previous article, " said:
Easy update, your computer does the work v. What a pain
Update through mail & website, available anywhere v. Mail only

Does that mean if you're at an "away" airport and find yourself about to
head off to parts unknown you can download charts? Of course that assumes
you have the electronic flight bag or a printer.

Whoa! I just went looking on the Jeppesen web site, and was disappointed
that there is hardly any price difference - Jeppview for Eastern US and
Eastern Canada is $852, and a Standard Airway Manual Service for the same
coverage is $980, for a mere $128 savings using the Jeppview. Considering
what they must save in printing and shipping and handling costs, I'm
surprised that Jeppview isn't way cheaper.

Oh well, "what the market will bear", I guess. They'd rather sell X
subscriptions at $Y than 2X at $Y-30%.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
- Donald Knuth