Old November 30th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
N2310D

Default Shared Ownership 1987 Mooney M20J [warning: Long response]

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
. ..
N2310D wrote:

At this time, I'm in an "association" with four other pilots. I can't
really call it a partnership because, in this case, one of the pilots is
the outright owner of the airplane. The other four have no equity in the
airplane. And it is not under any mortgage.

How do you handle insurance?

That agreement sounds like the owner is renting the aircraft to you,
without officially and legally stating that's he's actually renting.

I would think this might get interesting, in a very bad way, if the
airplane gets bent.

The owner lists all five pilots on the policy. The pilots pay an equal
share of the premium cost. The insurance company is happy with the
arrangement.