Old March 15th 12, 07:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian Strachan[_2_]

Default Changes to IGC-approvals - action dates

Changes to IGC-approval levels of some types of Flight Recorders.

A few days ago I posted a list of IGC-approved Flight Recorders that
were to have their Approval levels reduced due to concerns about
electronic security. Originally, the action date was to be 31 March
but there have been objections to such an early date.

The IGC Bureau has therefore considered the situation and has put back
the action date to 1 October. A message from IGC President Eric Mozer
follows.

Eric took over from Bob Henderson as President after the recent IGC
Plenary because Bob wishes to concentrate on his responsibilities as a
member
of the FAI Executive Board, but will continue as a member of the IGC
Bureau.

wrote:
All,
At*the*recent*IGC*Plenum*held*in*South*Africa,*a*p roposal*from*ANDS and GFAC
to*downgrade*several*Flight*Recorders*was*passed.
The*effective*date*of*the*downgrade*was*31*March,* 2012.
After*consideration,*the*IGC*Bureau*has*decided*to *change*the*effective*date
*of*the*downgrade*of*these*Flight*Recorders*from* 31*March,*2012
to*1*October,*2012.
Respectfully,
Eric*Mozer
IGC*President

I am pleased to report that the ANDS and GFA Committees and the IGC
Bureau have been able to react rapidly to criticism and pilots owning
one of these types of recorder will now have more time to take
appropriate action.

Ian Strachan
Chairman IGC GFA Committee