Old June 4th 05, 08:20 AM
Morgans

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote

I building a Zenith 601XL and it has a fairly thick wing. I was thinking

use
the same front and main ribs and build one that was about 3 feet long.

sure
there would be additional drag but there would also be additional lift.

The
question is how much lift would a three foot piece of wing mounted under

the
fuselage produce?

Damn little lift, I would think, because of the poor aspect ratio. Long
wings produce more lift, with less drag, and part of that is there is less
loss at the tips. All of a belly pod would be tips, practically speaking.
--
Jim in NC