Old October 11th 04, 09:14 PM
Doug

I had my tach rebuilt for under $100. Works fine now. I think your
symptom could be either one. Check and lube tach cable, replace if
necessary. If it continues, rebuild tach.

Aaron Coolidge wrote in message ...
Rich wrote:
: Tach cable is relatively cheap to replace, but difficult to thread
: through the firewall and behind the panel. New tach is easy to replace
: but more costly, and will add confusion to future record keeping in the
: logbooks.

If you do decide to replace the tach, any reputable instrument shop will be
able to reset the tach hours readout to what you specify. I wouldn't be
concerned about confusing the records in that manner.

I would try to borrow a known good tach, perhaps from your mechanic, and
plan an early flight on a cold morning to see if the problem changes.