Old April 12th 05, 04:03 AM
Grumman-581

"TF" wrote in message
I attempted to plug in my portable GPS unit into a 2003 172 and ... I
couldn't. The "standard" cigarette adapter has been replaced with a

smaller
something.

I noticed a difference in the size of the accessory plugs of US cars vs a
Porsche that I used to have... The DC air pump from it was not
interchangeable with the accessory plug from my other cars...

Question. Anyone come accross this ? Do you know what adapter I would

need
to continue to use the "old" cigarette size plug ? Who sells them ?

You might find a cheaper solution by going up to AutoZone and just buying
the normal size socket... It's pretty easy to replace it once you get the
covers off...