Old April 12th 05, 02:33 PM
Peter Clark

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:01:46 -0400, "TF" wrote:

I attempted to plug in my portable GPS unit into a 2003 172 and ... I
couldn't. The "standard" cigarette adapter has been replaced with a smaller
something. I didn't have time to look too closely as to what the new outlet
is. The GPS was just a backup and I was just going locally .

Question. Anyone come accross this ? Do you know what adapter I would need
to continue to use the "old" cigarette size plug ? Who sells them ?

You need an airline-type 9pin adapter socket now (ARINC 628). I think
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/laptopsf...rpowadcor.html would
work, but don't own it. The 'enlarged' picture isn't large enough to
see the connectors, however the diagram they have on the 'more info'
link looks like it's the same ARINC connector, and they have a 30 day
money-back thing going, so pretty risk free for $10.

Luck.