Old September 3rd 04, 10:45 AM
OscaŽ

Op Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:29:39 +0200 schreef Oli Kai Paulus
:
Hi,
I wonder if anyone out there is flying a trike professionally, i.e.
makes a living from it - except for flight instructors, of course. I
have shopped around a bit and basically found people offering

- sightseeing trips

Is interesting, when on a good location, and enough potential
customers..........the weather in Europe (Germany) is a problem
In some European countries you have to be an instructor to offer
introduction flights with passengers.....

- surveillance flights

In Holland a police department was using an Ultra Light for
surveillance flights. They sold the plane for some years and are using
a VLA now.
The slow speed of the Ultra Light, and open vieuw made it possible to
make good quality pictures. Policeman with a licence!
The army had some trikes (I know in Holland and the UK) the marines
had an education in secret operations. It was proffesional but the
project was stopped and the trikes were sold.

- documentation (arial views of whatever)

I had a demand from an institute that was monitoring the quality of
wood in India and the illegal cut of trees in the bush.
Mounting videocamara's on the trike was neccesary. Project is done in
India. In Europe this kind of flights are aereal work and are not
allowed according the rules in most euroean countries.

- banner towing

Illegal in Holland (althoug I tried several times heheheh ;-))
In France I know some are earning a living with bannertowing!

There are some things left:
Paradrop (illegal in Holland, Germany as well I think). Allowed in
France, that's for sure!
Spray crop:
Illegal in Holland, Germany I do not know.
France allowed.

Earning a living in aviation?
Only a few succeeded.

Succes
Oscar (Cosmos trike dealer , instructor, and not earning enough in
business to survive!)