Old July 1st 10, 02:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

Default Cessna 195, concluded

Mitchell Holman wrote in
30:

Andrew Chaplin wrote in
:

"Jacques" wrote in
news
Great shots, sir. Could this aircraft have been built in the 30s? I
had never seen it before . . .

Late 1940s and through the '50s. It was built to meet an army spec but
lost out to the DHC-2 Beaver.

Actually the Army did buy some, calling it the LC-126,
but never in the numbers Cessna hoped. They advertized it
on the civilian market as the "Businessliner" but it was
not much of a success. It consumed more oil than the Beaver,
which I can relate from personal experience consumed a lot.
At every landing it was "fill the oil and check the gas"....

Crew in the Beaver, IIRC, could fill the oil reservoir while in flight.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO