Old February 9th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default I lost my medical, what do I do?

My condition is Social Anxiety Disorder, which I have been told my both
my doctor, and AOPA that is not an issue in itself. The issue is the
medication they have me on to treat it. I've had symptioms of SAD since
I was in middle school, yet I was able to get all my flight training
through CFI done with the condition, so the SAD is no factor.

I actually never thought about getting a wavier. I have no idea how
this thing works. I glanced over part 67 and saw no mention of a wavier
subpart, maybe I'll look into that a little more closley tonight. Does
anyone have any experience with getting a medical wavier? Is the
atitude over at the FAA along the lines of "banned medication = no
medical under any circumstances" or is it up for case-to-case review?