Old December 29th 17, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Relieving in flight

I know the Air Force used to use "Piddle packs" with a gel fill. Then they lost an F-16 when a pilot stepped on a rudder to get more extension from the pilot side relief unit. Result: Pilot ejected from out of control aircraft. No mention of any possible flail injuries.

Perhaps this over engineered and expensive system is a result of the "piddle pack" mishap.

On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 12:25:56 PM UTC-8, CindyB wrote:
On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 11:49:07 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On 23/12/2017 05:12, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Thank you from a female perspective.

The deluxe all-singing-and-several-thousand-dollars-dancing variety has
been produced for the US military (your taxes at work) and is called
AMXD - Advanced Mission Extender Device.

http://www.omnimedicalsys.com/index.php?page=products

--
GC

Thank you GC for the real data.... I had to contact Omni Medical
and find out more.

This thing should whistle Dixie, Battle Hymn of the Republic or your downloadable choice - Rain by Beatles? Have You Ever Seen the Rain Fogarty?
Maybe Enya - Water Voices.

CSK-2-F-1 or 2 –Female Control Starter Kit Contains:
Female Control Unit, 2-Rechargeable Battery Packs, Charger, Power Adaptor, Training Video, User’s Manual
1 Removable Hose RHA-21B-2-F
2- Drainable Collection Bags 1200mL CCU-10-RU-12
3- IFP-16-2-2 Female Pads
2-FG Female Undergarments and 16 oz Bottle of cleaner (H2O2 3%)

Quote good for 30 days and includes shipping = $2975 USD. (sharp inhale)
They were extremely quick in answering my email.

I know the male version has been used in gliders. Probably the nicest thing
I can say about it is that the container is not transparent. They probably tested it enough to be assured it functions well(for the F-35. etc.). The thing that concerns me the most? Another set of batteries to charge, or get cold and fail. And there's something creepy about electrical contacts that close to me. Probably less creepy for you fellows, again.

Their literature suggests that with good hygiene and peroxide, you can expect to get about five flights or fifteen days from the pads. That backs out to $100 per Aaaaahhhh, at 15 uses.

This thread just won't wilt.

Happy New Year,

Cindy B