Old August 3rd 20, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Super Cub Tow Release Position Improvement

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 4:40:00 PM UTC-4, wrote:
When I towed at the AF Academy back in the 80’s, Dave Johnson had the tow release mounted on the panel right in front of the throttle. He used a small piece of square tubing inside a larger piece which was attracted to the panel. Another small piece was welded to the smaller one to make a T handle. I think the cable was routed through some kind of tubing (plastic?) back to the POS Schwiezer hitch on the tail. I always kept my fingers on the T handle and the butt of my hand on the throttle. Sorry, but no pictures.

I understand completely, that POS has a long history! A couple of us have done considerable testing on different tow hooks, you may be surprised at the results. At least you weren't at the Naval Academy, ha ha, three good landings and you go to the bar. I am looking for the pics, hope I can help you out, it was a long time ago.