Old May 13th 18, 09:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Stowing water?

On Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 12:41:07 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I am finding the summer heat to be quite difficult to manage in the southwestern USA. At the moment I have just been shoving a water bottle in my pocket but this proves to be somewhat uncomfortable and more of a pain in the rear to remove and use which makes me not drink as much as I maybe should. I am aware things like water bladders exist but I am not to sure as to where I would be able to put it. At the moment I am flying the 1-26 exclusively and there are no pockets on the side that one could store a bladder in. Any ideas or is there really no other option than what I am doing presently.

What do other people who fly that glider do?

Very popular approach: Camelback unbottle behind your seat back or on the luggage shelf or jammed down beside you, with the water tube secured with a clip somewhere on your body or cockpit wall etc so you can find it. Make sure it has a locking tube tip because you don't want to sit on the tube tip and have it leak, which will happen. Half fill with ice in summer. If you use Gatorade or similar wash immediately after use and use bleach cleaner, and probably be prepared to throw the inner bladder away every year.

https://www.rei.com/product/115086/c...rvoir-3-liters