Old May 13th 18, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Scotch tape

On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 8:39:52 PM UTC-7, ASM wrote:
I used to buy 1” tape to seal my wing/fuselage and the rest from Uline. Inside of the roll the only thing it says is 3M Scotch. Does anyone know the exact type? Thanks.

Was it expensive and really nice to use? If so it may well be 3M 483 Polyethylene Tape. Wings & Wheels used to sell it years ago but it got too expensive so they stopped carrying it. I still buy it from Uline despite the cost because it works so well. It comes off very cleanly for one thing. It's also easy to work with around more awkward curves though that isn't a factor with the wing gaps and control hatch on my ASW-15.